Dealership Sales Representative
Full-Time | South Africa | Market-related Salary
We are looking for Sales Representatives to market our various value-added products and services (VAPS) to Dealerships throughout South Africa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for increasing and maintaining sales of our dealership range of products through the onboarding of new dealerships and increasing sales through existing dealerships if assigned.
The ideal candidate needs to be self-motivated, thrive under pressure, and have a good understanding of the automotive and insurance industries.
A minimum of 2 or more years relevant experience is required.
All functions, duties related to the position include, but are not limited to the following: –
- Present and sell company products and services to potential clients. Mainly Motor Dealers.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials (must be approved by the marketing coordinator and Managing Director) and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-ups.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Account Executives or representatives of Motorvaps.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs. This needs to be done every month.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Follow up with Dealers Regularly (Weekly if possible)
- Collect sales weekly from dealers and provide a weekly sales report for management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Follow-up for collection of payment. Very Important, as this relates directly to your Commission payment.
- Coordinate delivery of merchandise and services.
- Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL COOPERATION
- Ensures that all Account Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals, and closes.
- Delegates’ authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for Account Executives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Account Executives to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria, North West, Bloemfontein, East London, Port Elizabeth