New Business Manager
Full-Time | Cape Town | Market-related Salary
We are looking for a New Business Manager within our Operations Department. This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the Underwriting, Quality Analysis, and Admin Teams.
- The ideal candidate needs to be motivated and have the ability to motivate others.
- They must thrive under pressure and have the ability to manage people and meet deadlines.
- A minimum of 2 or more years of relevant experience is required.
- A relevant degree will be advantageous.
- RE5 or RE1 will be advantageous.
All functions, duties related to the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the Underwriting, QA, and Admin Teams
- Generate Income through new initiatives within the relevant teams.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Report to the Operations Manager as required.
- Service Broker and Dealers through quotations and other service offerings.
- Generate Performance Reports.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Provide on-the-job training to team members and new staff.
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL COOPERATION
- Ensures that all staff meets or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals, and closes.
- Delegates’ authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for team members and other staff in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with team members to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all brokers/dealers in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
Cape Town: Tokai, Cape Town